Responding to an On-Site Emergency
Occasionally we may need to react to an emergency occurring at a jobsite (or maybe in our personal life). Here are a few tips to consider:
- Remain calm. Hysteric people are counterproductive.
- 911: if you even think about whether it might be a good idea – then do it!
- Do not move injured victims without medical professionals unless there is an immanent life-threatening danger.
- Get everyone together at a safe location. Consider a pre-established meeting point in your Tailboard.
- Provide first-aid treatment as necessary.
- Do a head count on your group. Report missing people to your supervisor.
- Offer assistance to emergency responders.
- Refer to the ECI Incidence Response Procedure in our Safety Manual for followup procedures.