Safety Focus of the Week: Safe Walk Areas
Providing a safe walk area includes many things:
- Good Housekeeping to prevent trip hazards in your work area.
- Selecting suitable access paths to the work area (not too steep, no slip potential, etc.)
- Protecting the public from our work area hazards with cones, barriers, fencing, tape, fall protection guard rail, etc.
- Protecting our workers from the hazards listed above.
- Proper signage notifying pedestrians of the proper walk way, detours, and possible hazards.
This photo shows a clean, protected, well signed walk area for the pedestrian public to travel through our work area: