Safety Focus of the Week: Heart Attack & Stroke
All of us are susceptible to heart attack and stroke. Either illness can be fatal.
Heart Attack Symptoms:
- Chest Pains
- Lasts more than a few minutes or goes away and comes back.
- Feels like uncomfortable pressure, squeezing, fullness, or pain.
- Discomfort in other Areas of the Upper Body
- Shortness of Breath
- Nausea, Cold Sweat, Light-headedness
- Victim is unresponsive, not breathing, and no pulse.
- Face Drooping or Numb
- Arm Weak or Numb
- Slurred Speech
Always call 911 immediately if either Heart Attack or Stroke is suspected. Rapid medical attention is essential for full recovery. A delayed response can result in death.
Don’t forget your First Aid – CPR skills and that we have an AED (automatic external defibrillator) in the office for cardiac arrest victims.