Safety Focus of the Week: Planning & Executing a Fall Protection Plan (Revisited)
Fall Protection is one of the OSHA Focus Four, which means it is one of the four most common causes of workplace fatalities and is a common hazard on many of our jobsites.
Planning for Fall Protection should include:
- Be trained to: recognize and plan for the hazard, use of equipment, safe working procedures, and to maintain safety equipment,
- Plan ahead to anticipate the need for fall protection.
- Prepare a plan to describe the hazard and the protection measures, including anchorage systems and horizontal lifelines
- Organize and install equipment.
- Discuss the plan in a job briefing.