Safety Focus of the Week: The Importance of Living Healthy
Healthy employees = Happy, Productive, Safer Workplace
Unfortunately, we can’t all be so lucky to be in good health. But we can choose a lifestyle of Healthy Living which can significantly improve health regardless of our situations.
We hope that all of our employees, their families, and our friends strive to improve their health by wellness living practices:
- Minimize consumption of alcohol.
- Refrain from illicit drug use
- Refrain from smoking and all tobacco products.
- Annual medical checkup (more than a DOT physical).
- Regular dental care and checkups.
- Exercise regularly
- Eat healthy proportions and balanced meals.
- Minimize stress
- Be social and be happy
Personally, I think the best thing for myself is to be outdoors when on personal time. That assures some level of physical exercise and fresh air, reduces stress, keeps me away from the refrigerator, and puts me in a happier mood.