- Hartford Bridge Street Bridge Replacement
- AllSun Solar Tracker Installations
- CCTA Downtown Transit Center
- Renewable Energy Project – Vermont National Guard 2.2MW Solar Project
- Ryegate Culvert Design-Build Replacement Project
- East Alburgh Bridge Swing Span Automation
- Whipline Gas Bore
- Gentes Road Bridge Rehabilitation
- Renewable Energy Project – Rock of Ages 100kW Wind Turbine
- Lime Kiln Substation Retaining Wall
- North Hero-Grand Isle Draw Bridge Emergency Superstructure Repairs
- City of Burlington Municipal Paving Contract
- Interstate 91 Rutfill Project
- Pinkham Notch Conduit System
- Grade Crossing at Rte 142 Vernon
- Bellows Falls Tunnel Clearance Improvements
- Burlington Tunnel Emergency Repairs
- VELCO 115kV Underground Electric Transmission Line
- VELCO & GMP Lime Kiln Substations
- VTrans Intelligent Information System (ITS)
- Vermont State Archive Fire Water Storage System
North Hero-Grand Isle Draw Bridge Emergency Superstructure Repairs
ECI’s Client: Vermont Agency of Transportation (VTrans)
Completion Date: Winter 2008
Subcontractors: Vermont Protective Coatings (Lead Paint Removal)
ECI was selected as the contractor for this emergency repair on the 1950’s North Hero – Grand Isle Draw Bridge. The structure consists of a double leaf bascule girder draw bridge with a total draw span of 130 feet. The floor beams, diaphragms, and metal decking were all in poor condition that required an emergency repair. Traffic had been diverted to a temporary Mabey bridge over the bascule span to take load off the bridge. The work needed to be performed during the winter months to allow for completion in mid-March so the draw bridge function could operate in April. The draw bridge is critical to navigation through the popular recreational boat passage.
ECI’s scope of work included:
- Replacement of floor beams, diaphragms, and decking with new galvanized members (all metal provided by VTrans for the original replacement plan).
- Numerous miscellaneous repairs to the superstructure beyond the original scope of work that were discovered upon removal of the decking (ECI provided and fabricated all metals for extra work).
- Repairs to the bascule locking mechanisms.
- Removal of lead paint as necessary for the work.
- Dismantling and removal of the Mabey bridge (owned by VTrans).